Monday, November 30, 2015

Setting up the Christmas tree // Personal Life 11.29.15


Sunday afternoon we put up our Christmas tree. In the past two years we've always put it up the day after Thanksgiving, but this year was different because Dannie and I went Black Friday shopping, then I was sick Saturday, so Sunday was our first chance to break out all the Christmas decorations. Last year Eva had only just turned a year old, so she wasn't that into everything that went on, but this year she was in such awe of all the lights and decorations. She absolutely loved helping Daddy put on the star and ornaments, even if everything was grouped in the same spot.

It's the most wonderful time of the year. Even though Fall is my favorite season, and October my favorite month, Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. There's nothing like the merriment of the season, and the reason for our joy. The lights, decorations, music, gifts, and trees are all great, but there would be no real fulfillment without the celebration of Jesus Christ's birth and first Advent.

Having a toddler this year really has me excited for Christmas morning, and then Christmas with our families. Her sweet innocence and wonder at all things is captivating, and I loved watching her ecstasy over simply putting ornaments on our pretty pathetic tree (we're not like all the cool kids getting real trees this year because Dannie didn't want to deal with the mess afterwards in our little apartment). I'm so excited for Christmas Day, but until then I'm content to watch Eva's eyes light up when she walks into the living room and sees the Christmas tree.










































1 comment: