Monday, November 16, 2015

The Maddox Family 11.15.15 // Mooresville, Indiana Portrait Photographer


Sunday I had the pleasure of snapping a few photographs of one of my favorite families...and they just happen to also be family. My aunt and uncle have some of the cutest little kids, ranging in ages one year up to ten years. It's kinda sad, though, because I remember when there were only three littles, and it seems like just yesterday. I don't usually do families, because honestly, couples and weddings are my passion. However, I'll gladly make an exception for family and friends, because with people I know it's actually enjoyable. As much as I love photography, I'll even photograph what I usually don't specialize in, just because I enjoy it so much. And when I have such adorable little faces like those below, as well as pretty light, it's really no trouble at all.

I'm so thankful for the Maddox family. They've been a steady rock to my family for many years now, and we've been through so much together, all the way to Georgia and back. They've always been there for us, and they are a major part of our growing church in Martinsville/Mooresville, Indiana. My Aunt Lucy, who is one of my mom's younger sisters, has always been a friend to me, from the time that I was born. My sister Grace and I loved our aunts Lucy and Molly, who were about ten years older, and we loved every minute spent with them. When we were really young, they would spend the night, we would play with their older girl stuff in their room, they'd take us to play in the creek and explore the woods at their house, and we loved their collector baby dolls. We looked up to our aunts as role models, buddies, and playmates, and now that we're all grown, as mentors and friends. 

I remember once, when I was little, writing family members and friends' names in my Bible, and I put Aunt Lucy's name in the 'friends' place. I'm so grateful they took the time to play with us, even though they were older and probably thought we were annoying. I remember being so sad once they grew up, graduated high school, went to college, and got married, because everything changed so drastically, but I'm beyond thankful that God saw fit to put Aunt Lucy and her dear family as an extensive element into our lives. And now I watch her own children grow up, probably very much like my siblings and I, as playmates with my own siblings. I can't stress enough how important family is! Thanks, Maddox family, for allowing me to photograph your endearing family.



























No comments:

Post a Comment